Monday, August 5, 2013

Prefab Beauty


Last month in LA was the Dwell on Design show, Americas largest modern design event.

Something that caught my eye this year was this great Prefab home. Whilst I would have loved to have viewed it person, it still stood out as a great build.


The home is designed by LivingHomes and it is part of a series of low cost homes. The modern and clean home was designed in collaboration with Make It Right, a nonprofit founded by Brad Pitt and architect William McDonough to build 150 affordable, sustainable homes in New Orleans' Ninth Ward, the nieghbourhood hardest hit by hurricane Katrina. 











 

 

Priced completed from $132,000 to $323,000 just goes to show that style can be created with a limited budget. I'm sure for those in New Orleans who now have been able to rebuild are loving their gorgeous little homes. I myself would love one of these.

 I wonder if they ship to Australia!?! ;)


images vis casasugar, livinghomes

2 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I know they make a lot of prefab here in Perth/ WA but they aren't finished to QUITE the same standard as above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks great! I can really see why manufactured homes are gaining steam in the market. Just the other day I was able to check out a few Manufactured Homes in Tennessee and was astounded with the sheer quality put into these things. If I was in the market for a new home, I would definitely be considering one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!